Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sunday Activity



Spencer is in the front room of the house where he is whining about having to pick up a toy rather than play with it. The toy is broken. THWAP! Spencer looks around trying to figure out what just happened. THWAP! Spencer looks up just in time to see the marshmallow that just bounced off his head fly through the air. He looks up on the banister in time to see Dad throw another marshmallow. Earlier in the evening, Spencer and Dad planned to have a marshmallow war, but Spencer's marshmallow gun was AWOL and Dad's was missing a piece. And Spencer wandered off to find another activity. The two marshmallow bags that had been prepared were still close at hand, however. Spencer reached for his bag and Maloy Mayhem broke out everywhere.



For the first while, everyone was involved but soon Mom, either out of cowardice or just good common sense (she'll claim the latter), left the game and grabbed the camera. (I always scoff when I hear a member of the media say "we" as if they were involved in the dangerous activity of the military just because they made a trip to the safe areas of Iraq). Jen however was in the war zone and took some friendly and unfriendly fire during melee.



Apparently marshmallow fight turn me into a monster...



Jen did get a shot off of a marshmallow just before it hit the camera...


And Jen got some video compiled below...


Since these moments are spontaneous, you rarely catch them on camera, much less video. I thought I would blog about it and share. I hope this does justice to the crazy fun we had just throwing miniature marshmallows at each other.

-Vern

4 comments:

  1. Hooray for the Maloy family blog! And for spontaneous marshmallow wars!

    I hope everyone is feeling better over there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "real" Malloy family...How are you guys? It looks like you're great! Welcome to blogging - I only joined a few months ago and am still getting used to it, but it's pretty fun to write things down and get some pictures up to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, FHE activity for Monday night? I'm sure my family would love it.

    ReplyDelete