I have been having thoughts about blogging for probably over a year now, but have never acted. I have now decided to act thinking this could be fun and help get the creative juices flowing (which can be tough for the analytical engineering type), but so far it has been a little frustrating. I didn't realize that blogging would entail so much set up. And that has been the frustrating part. I look at other blogs and see the creativity and personalization. I am stuck with the provided templates, which are all very narrow and not very customizable as far a layout goes. I haven't even tried to google new templates, because I don't have any idea how to import them into my existing blog. It is going to be a big enough commitment for me to sit and and type posts and read other blogs, I don't have the time to research how to set it up the way I want it. So it may be a little while before this thing looks like I want it to. The other issue I have is the multitude of names and titles that were required when setting this thing up. I entered several thinking that they would be used or displayed differently. I'm not exactly happy with the way they ended up. If it is possible to change them, you may see them change, such as our name when we comment on others' posts. I hope the blogging turns out to be more fun than the set up has been. I do look forward to posting from time to time.
-Vern
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment