Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Day like TODAY!!

Let me just tell you that I'm ready for a vacation again. On a remote island that only allows moms. And maybe occasionally the husband can come too. Where I can be pampered and taken care of and not have to worry about anything.

I would like a one way ticket to that island today.

The day started off normally. Kids get up, eat breakfast, get ready for school and then head for the bus stop.

A little while later we get a knock on the door and cute little Lydia McConkie is standing on the doorstep wondering if "Hebo" can play. They really get along and have fun together.

The day goes on and Heber is off to pre-school. What to do? What to do? Aaahhh, I know, take a nap. Unforunately my brain wouldn't stop going, so a nap was out of the question. Dumb brain!!

And before I knew it, Heber was back home and the girls were back home from school. Spencer has flag football every Wednesday after school from 3:30 to 4:30.

Well, the time came that I needed to go get him from the school, so I rounded up Heber and then went to go look for the girls outside. Hhhmmm.... Where are the girls? So I asked the kids next door where they usually play if they had seen Rachel and Anna. NOPE. Great. So I ask around some more and come to find out they decided to go on a WALK around the block. Did they ask permission to do this? Of course not! Silly me for thinking something like that.

So I go zooming around the block, like a mad woman, trying to find them and they are nowhere to be seen.

I needed to go get Spencer from the school because I didn't need him calling me freaking out and wondering where I was and if I had forgotten him, so I asked my neighbor to watch for them.

I run over to the school and grab Spencer and head home. And as I pull up the kids are yelling that they found them. Aahhh...relief. Needless to say, they are grounded.

When I got done talking to them, I went out to go get Spencer for dinner. And as I come down the driveway he is running across the road looking like he is going to cry. And as he runs past me he says, "I don't want to talk about it."

The Mom from the house that he came from says, "Jen, I need to talk to you." Great, now what?! Come to find out, Sencer decided it would be fun to climb on top of their van and pull the release rope for the garage door. The door came slamming down on the girls fingers that he was playing with(luckily her fingers aren't broken) and they couldn't the door working again. All I could do and say was, "I'm so sorry." They said it was fine and they just wanted me to know what had happened and that the door was fixable. And I kept thinking," Okay, what's next?"

Luckily nothing else has happened. He too, is grounded and will be until Vern comes home.



And so my day has ended. What will happen tomorrow? Do I want to know? Not really. Just bring it on!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, wow. What a day! Can I bring you ice cream?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry! A peaceful day gone wrong. Those are the worst kind of day, because it all seems so normal until it all falls apart! Josh took a little ride around our block a few weeks back and I still won't let him get back on his bike unless I am outside with him! And "Hebo" reminded me to tell you that Luke has decided that "Heber" is actually named "Beaver." Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I am a total slacker and didn't realize you were posting on your blog...the last time I had checked it Vern had written an extremely long post about football and I sort of zoned out. I didn't know you had taken over. Now I can stay updated on your life instead of having our brief and often interrupted chats on Facebook!

    What a stinker of a day. Hopefully Spencer won't do that again! The other day I'd had it with my kids whining and disobeying so I told them it was obvious they thought they knew it all and didn't need a mother. It took about five minutes of my not pouring their juice, cooking their meals, and telling them to get their homework done before they broke down into tears and begged me for some motherly assistance. Don't you just wish you could take a day off sometimes?

    Oh, and Jacob told me he was going to Heber's house about fifty times today because Heber has a snake in his house. Not sure what that's about but it made me happy and sad all at the same time that he thinks about Heber but we really can't com over and play.

    I hope you have a better week! Love ya,
    Jacquie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like the no good horrible day. I've had days like that too. Luckily you have good neighbors. Is Vern still working in Utah? I'd say you're super mom.

    ReplyDelete