Once upon a time there lived a girl who knew that she really wanted to get married and wanted to have a family of her own. So she set off to find to perfect husband. Many came and bid her, "Come, let us go frolic through the asphalt and cement of Las Vegas." And so the girl ventured out, trying new things and meeting new people. Until one day, a handsome young man came and bid her, "Come, the grass is much greener where I come from and much more pleasant than asphalt and cement." And so the girl followed and fell in love with this young man. They got married and started a family. 11 years and 4 children later they are still happily married.
Since the middle of April I have had the opportunity to be a single parent during the week to 4 really great kids. WOW!! This is definitely a new experience for me. Sometimes it's has been hard to try and deal with the kids who don't see it your way or don't care to see it your way. :) And sometimes it has been a blast getting to know the kids even more from this experience.
But overall, the week ends and brings those blessed weekends around and Vern gets to come home and be with us. The kids get excited for the weekend, knowing that Dad is coming home and they get to have fun with him. Me, I'm just excited for him to be there. Knowing that I won't have to do it alone for a couple of days. Knowing that my "tank" is going to be filled once again.
It is true what they say about, "It is not good for man to be alone." Well, I think the same applies to women. Or maybe that's just me.
I have been given a loving husband and I'm grateful for him and all that he does for me. I am grateful that he has a job and he is able to provide for our sweet little family. Even when it takes him away from us. I know that this time will end and we will look back and say, "WOW!! That was definitely an experience."
Monday, August 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Very nice post! It's so true, it may seem like forever right now, but it will be over, and the experience will be remembered with much gladness that it is over, but also with that sweetness that so many of our memories from the past give us! I am glad the end is nearer than the beginning!
ReplyDeleteYou said it perfectly. I am so amazed with how well you have handled all of these days by yourself. You are the most patient person I know. Hang in there, the end is in sight! I sure have missed you this summer.
ReplyDelete